Do you love chicken breasts but hate the hassle of cooking them? If so, an air fryer may be the perfect appliance for you. Air fryers cook chicken breasts quickly and easily, without having to use any oil.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to cook chicken breasts in an air fryer. We’ll also share some delicious air fryer recipes that you can try. So, what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
Keep reading on air fryer chicken breasts to discover details.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts are such an easy cut of meat to cook.
- The meat is quick and tender, without any of the extra fat or bones that can make other cuts tough!
- You just need some olive oil for prep before adding these tasty treats into your next meal plan – they’re always a hit at dinner time (or lunch!).
Ingredients For Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
Here are the ingredients that you need to make perfect air fryer chicken breasts:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
Air fryers are a relatively new kitchen appliance that has gained popularity in recent years. An air fryer cooks food by circulating hot air around it, and many people say that it gives food a crispy texture without using as much oil as traditional frying methods.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Cut each chicken breast into 4 equal pieces.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Drizzle the oil into the air fryer basket and add the chicken pieces in a single layer.
- Set the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 15 minutes.
- Flip the chicken pieces over and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Season the chicken with any of the following:
- Store-bought chicken seasoning mix.
- Lemon pepper.
- Taco seasoning (great for taco salads).
This is one of those leftovers that you will be able to use in many ways. Cooked chicken will keep for 3-5 days if refrigerated, but frozen for 2 to 6 months.
Tips On Making Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- It’s important to pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness. This will help them cook evenly.
- Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
- Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before cutting into it. This will help to keep it moist and juicy.
Air fryer chicken breasts are delicious when served with a simple salad or roasted vegetables.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
Chicken breasts in the air fryer are a healthy and delicious addition to any meal. When it comes to side dishes, there are several options that go well with air fryer chicken breasts.
- For a light and healthy option, serve chicken breast with a serving of steamed vegetables.
- For a tastier meal, try pairing chicken breasts with baked potatoes or rice.
- And for a truly hearty meal, serve chicken breasts in the air fryer with creamy pasta or grilled veggies.
How Can I Check If Air Fryer Chicken Breasts Are Done?
Chicken is one of the most versatile and popular proteins around, but it can also be one of the most difficult to cook properly. Overcooked chicken is dry and rubbery, while undercooked chicken can pose a serious health risk. So, how can you tell when air fryer chicken breasts are done?
The best way to check is to use a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the breast, making sure not to touch the bone. The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. If it is not, continue cooking for a few minutes and check again. You can also use the appearance and texture of the chicken as a guide. cooked chicken should be white or pale in color, with no pink remaining. The meat should also be firm to the touch.
If your chicken meets these criteria, it is safe to eat. So go ahead and enjoy your perfectly cooked air fryer chicken breasts!
What Can I Dip With Air Fryer Chicken Breasts?
Air fryer chicken breasts are one of the most versatile proteins you can cook. They can be cooked quickly and easily, making them perfect for weeknight meals. And because they’re so lean, they’re also perfect for dipping. Here are a few of our favorite dipping sauces for air fryer chicken breasts:
- Buffalo Sauce: A classic buffalo sauce is a perfect accompaniment to this. The spicy, aromatic flavor of the sauce brings out the best in the chicken, and the richness of the sauce helps to balance the heat.
- Barbecue Sauce: Barbecue sauce is another great choice for dipping chicken breasts. The sweet smoky flavor of the sauce adds depth and complexity to the chicken pieces, while the consistency of the sauce helps coat each piece of chicken evenly.
- Honey Mustard Sauce: Honey Mustard Sauce is a great choice if you’re looking for something a little sweeter. The honey helps balance the acidity of the mustard and the overall sweetness of the sauce pairs well with the juicy, flavorful chicken.
Can I Line My Air Fryer With Parchment Paper?
While an air fryer can be a great tool for healthier cooking, it’s important to use it safely. One common question is whether it’s safe to line the air fryer with parchment paper. The short answer is yes, you can line your air fryer with parchment paper. However, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- First, make sure that the paper is not touching the heating element.
- Second, take care not to overheat the paper, as this can cause it to catch fire.
- Finally, be sure to check the manufacturer’s instructions to see if they have any specific recommendations for using parchment paper in an air fryer.
By following these simple guidelines, you can safely and effectively use parchment paper in your air fryer.
Do You Have To Defrost Chicken Before Air Frying?
Many people don’t realize that you don’t necessarily have to defrost chicken before air frying. While it’s true that chicken breasts will cook faster if they’re not frozen, there are some benefits to cooking them frozen as well.
For one thing, it’s much easier to achieve evenly cooked chicken when all of the pieces are the same size and thickness. When you cook chicken breasts that are frozen, they often end up with one end that’s much thinner than the other. This can lead to overcooked, dry chicken.
Additionally, frozen chicken is less likely to stick to the air fryer basket, making for a cleaner cooking experience. Ultimately, whether or not you defrost chicken before air frying is up to personal preference. If you’re looking for perfectly cooked chicken breasts, however, it’s best to start with thawed meat.
Why Is My Air Fryer Chicken Tough?
First, different cuts of chicken will cook differently in an air fryer. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts will generally come out dryer than other cuts of chicken.
Second, it’s important not to overcrowd the air fryer. If the chicken pieces are touching or too close together, they will steam instead of fry, resulting in tough meat.
Finally, be sure to use a cooking spray or oil to help crisp up the skin and keep the meat moist. With a little trial and error, you can produce perfectly crispy air fryer chicken every time.
Air fryer chicken breasts are a healthy, low-fat alternative to traditional fried chicken. They’re also incredibly easy to make – all you need is some seasoned chicken breasts and your air fryer. We’ve included a recipe below that will show you how to make the perfect air fryer chicken breast. So what are you waiting for? Give this simple dish a try today!